List of Words Misused in English ..... continued
37. Drought (Dry Weather) : This year crops failed due to drought.
Draught (Quantity of liquid drunk once) : He took the medicine with a draught of water.
38. Dose (Quantity of medicine taken at one time) : Take one dose of this medicine every day.
Doze (Nap) : He was dozing while sitting in the meeting.
39. Disease (illness) : He is suffering from a serious disease.
Decease (Death) : His sudden decease is shocking for all of us.
40. Dearness (Price Rise) : The Government employees are paid dearness allowance.
Dearth (Shortage) : There is no dearth of talented persons in India.
41. Dew ( moisture in air in condensed form) : There were dew drops on grass leaves.
Due (something owing) : There is nothing due towards him. He has paid his all dues.
42. Diary ( Daily record of events) : He recorded all the names in his diary.
Dairy ( Place where milk etc. is sold) : I purchased milk from dairy.
English Grammar Lesson provides Free Online Exam Preparation, Free Test Series, Mock Tests for BANK Exams, MAT, CAT, GMAT, XAT, SNAP,NMAT, IIFT, XAT, MHCET.