Pick out the sentence out of the followings with wrong use of the same (italicized) word used in these sentences.
- The villagers sunk a well in the village.
- He did not go to office as he is not feeling well today.
- His plans will not work well here.
- The villagers purified the well water with a chemical.
- Our boss is a well of information.
- Her mother was so emotional that tears welled up in her eyes.
- The fountain welled a steam of clear water into the basin below.
- Fear of being insecure welled up inside her.
- Her daughter not being well could not fare well in the examination.
- The proceedings of the meeting went very well.
- Does one need to be very rich to live well?
- The host treated all the guests very well.
- Both mother and baby are doing well now.
- I was well prepared for the examination.
- His speech was well prepared.
- He teased her and she did not take it well.
- John as well as Smith has gone to the market.
- It would be as well to consult some other doctor also before you get treatment in this hospital.
- If he wants to accompany us, well and good, but he will have to share the money.
- The teacher shouted from his seat, “Well done , Boys!”.
- The doctor said to the patient,”Get well soon.”
Answer : All the sentences are correct.
LessonEnglishGrammar provides best study material for entrance exams.