It is used to show that a work has been done. It has already been completed and the same is over now.
For Example :
- Sam has painted a picture.
- Boys have finished their homework.
In this tense the words “has” & “have” are used with third form of verb.
- With First person, Second person singular and plural and third person plural ‘have’ is used with third form of verb.
- With third person singular ‘has’ is used with third form of verb.
For Example :
- I have written a letter to him.
- He has committed a mistake.
- Children have finished their work.
- We have taken our meals.
In negative sentences with ‘has & have’ not and third form of verb is used.
- Boys have not gone to school today.
- She has not done her work.
- I have not taken my meals today.
- You have not made any mistake.
In Interrogative sentences
- For First Person,second person singular and plural and third person plural the word have is used before subject.
- For third person singular the word has.
- At the end of the sentence Interrogative sign is used.
- Has he gone to the market ?
- Have you taken your meals?
- Have they lent you any money?
- Has the girl finished her work?
Similarly in interrogative negative sentences, “Has” “Have” is used before the subject and not issued before third form of verb.
- Have you not gone to school today?
- Has she not finished her work ?
- Have I not consulted you?
- Have the girls not sung a song?